Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Child

Dear April Child
Ive been thinking about you
its been a while
since Ive sang to you
and imagined your smile
imagined watching you grow
your personality and style.
But you see, I acted too soon
now its too late.
I let selfish desires
determine your fate.
Im overwhelmed by the hurt
of my stupidity
you were the miracle
that grew inside of me
an angel of love
you were the very epitome.
And my dreams remind me
again and again
about the beautiful child
you would have been.
You would have been born
with the white blossoms
of spring
with the colorful wildflowers
that soft showers bring.
But I cheated you out of life
and its so unfair
I want to pray
for another chance
but how do I dare?
I dont deserve to be graced
by your laughter
by your smile
but you will always be
my unfortunate
my beautiful
April Child.

No comments: