Thursday, April 2, 2009

Backup Plan

remember how it used to be? you and i riding in your car.
making plans. we were gonna see the world. remember?
i was your only one. i was the last rhyme in your poetry
i was the music in your spanish guitar. i was yours.

until she appeared that day.
remember that day?
she caught your eye
with that masterful sway
exotic style, all pretty and fit
speakin to you in foreign languages and
sh--stuff.
and suddenly i wasnt good enough.
"we can still be friends, right?"
is what you said to me. remember that?

so now your party is over
and youre back in my face..

i thought you and i were
supposed to be "friends"
but now youre tryna make me
your "backup plan???"

if youre lookin for comfort
i will share your pain
if you want support
my hands are cupped
if you wanna talk
i'll be your friend...
but i wont be your backup,
second fiddle, plan b, third string..

she broke your heart?
i have the glue
you want advice?
i'll give you that too
you need to cry?
my shoulder is free
if you wanna laugh
i'll tell you a joke
but if youre lookin for love...
dont look at me.
because i wont be you backup,
second fiddle, plan b, third string...

No comments: